King of Elbe 2023

PNW_LJ

Nut-Swing Salesman
Supporting Member
KOE 2023 was a blast. Several rollovers. Numerous broken parts. We won 1st place (technically).

So the race is a time trial on a course centered around the infamous Boat Ramp. Each racer is given 10 min to complete the course. There are 3 categories of racers: side by sides, small tire (40” and under), and unlimited (40s+, portals or rear steer).

We initially registered for unlimited, as we planned to race the CJ buggy on 42s. Later, for unrelated reasons, we had to change rigs to dad’s yota-based blue buggy on 40s. By then it was too late to change classes, so we stayed in unlimited.

That proved to be a mistake. Most of the unlimited rigs were on 42-44s, a couple on 50s. Most running dual shock setups w/ air bumps, 400+ hp and 5”+ uptravel.

IMG_8704.jpeg

IMG_8703.jpeg

IMG_8693.jpeg

Needless to say, dad’s low slung buggy on measly 40s, 2” of up and stock 22re was in the wrong class and severely outmatched. 😅 And so he raced.

IMG_8674.jpeg

IMG_8737.jpeg

IMG_8736.jpeg

Ended up setting a time of 2 min 27 sec. For comparison:

1st place SxS: 2 min 30 sec
1st place Small Tire: 2 min 40 sec
1st place Unlimited: 2 min 1 sec

So had we initially registered in the right class, he would’ve been in 1st place by a wide margin. Oh well, it’s our 1st year racing, happy we got this far, and without any breakage. Got much more planned for next year!

Interestingly enough, watching the buggy run the course was boring. Where all the rock bouncers were throttle heavy, bouncing around searching for traction, the buggy calmly glided across. Makes you wonder. I may post up a couple videos later.

IMG_8703.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a typical fall PNW weekend... Wet with a little WET for good measure. Been so long since I've been to Evan Creek or Elbe I honestly don't remember either place much.

Bummer you couldn't change classes.

Just updated with pics.

And yes it was a bummer. But real happy with how we did, and have some improvements in plans already.

Don’t think I’ve seen so many TJs in one place before. Some spectator vehicles:

IMG_8715.jpeg

IMG_8716.jpeg

IMG_8718.jpeg

IMG_8699.jpeg

This yellow TJ was actually racing in the small tire class. Did surprisingly well.

IMG_8700.jpeg

^That tire is still bolted on with all 5 lug nuts..

IMG_8662.jpeg

IMG_8725.jpeg

Hard to see, but there is more than 1 destroyed wheels in that picture.

Don’t think I’ve seen so many TJs in one place before. Some spectator vehicles:

View attachment 473259

View attachment 473260

View attachment 473261

View attachment 473262

This yellow TJ was actually racing in the small tire class. Did surprisingly well.

View attachment 473263

^That tire is still bolted on with all 5 lug nuts..

View attachment 473264

View attachment 473265

Hard to see, but there is more than 1 destroyed wheels in that picture.

Oops on the broken axles. Dat’ wat happen when you get throttle happy. “Hold my beer, watch this!”

Way to go Rubber Ducky! 🤣 WTH axle is that. Lots of lug nutz!

Reactions: PNW_LJ
We need to call in the expert on yeller rigs, @NashvilleTJ

Nashville’ll solve it. Nice job on the time! Y’all really teed up on the others on the 40” under class. Them trails is no joke. When they get wet it’s crazy how sloppy it can be. Really good time! 2:27!

• USA Proud
Reactions: PNW_LJ
Nashville’ll solve it. Nice job on the time! Y’all really teed up on the others on the 40” under class. Them trails is no joke. When they get wet it’s crazy how sloppy it can be. Really good time! 2:27!

Thanks! Sucks I couldn’t join you at Walker today..

We gotta get you out on those trails sometime…

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Thanks! Sucks I couldn’t join you at Walker today..

We gotta get you out on those trails sometime…

I’ll want to goon @Wildman virgin run, but I’m suspecting it’s going to be right after Thanksgiving, and that’s when my future son-in-law is moving up here from TX.

• Sad
Reactions: lBasket and PNW_LJ
I’ll want to goon @Wildman virgin run, but I’m suspecting it’s going to be right after Thanksgiving, and that’s when my future son-in-law is moving up here from TX.

Well if I do make a shakedown run in December and don't have major malfunctions I'll most likely got back over to Reiter for a few other trips before the trails here in central WA open back up in April. Of course if things are working correctly I hope to make a few snow runs too.

Oops on the broken axles. Dat’ wat happen when you get throttle happy. “Hold my beer, watch this!”

Way to go Rubber Ducky! 🤣 WTH axle is that. Lots of lug nutz!

Rubber ducky is owned by Ryan Cranfill and I want to say he is running Ford super duty stuff..I have sent him an invite to join the forum

Reactions: JMT and Wildman