Utah Moab 2024 JuneFest 9th-15th

I just watched these guys (mostly from GenRight) in much bigger rigs on Pritchett a few years ago (both directions). Got my heart pounding just watching!
Less than 6 weeks...

I just watched these guys (mostly from GenRight) in much bigger rigs on Pritchett a few years ago (both directions). Got my heart pounding just watching!
Less than 6 weeks...

Now I remember seeing this vid before. GRDLOC tipping over was just silliness and driver error.

They do a good job of making more drama than there really is. They use throttle and big tires to overcome other issues with their rigs.

Now I remember seeing this vid before. GRDLOC tipping over was just silliness and driver error.

They do a good job of making more drama than there really is. They use throttle and big tires to overcome other issues with their rigs.

Yes. For example, Peck Bros. also did a “stock TJ” vs one of their rigs on tons and 43s which I’m sure you saw:
Granted, the “stock TJ” was on 35s, they beat on it and driver experience can’t be discounted but it also had only a front locker, Dana 30/35 and no bead locks and they made it up without breaking.

Yes. For example, Peck Bros. also did a “stock TJ” vs one of their rigs on tons and 43s which I’m sure you saw:
Granted, the “stock TJ” was on 35s, they beat on it and driver experience can’t be discounted but it also had only a front locker, Dana 30/35 and no bead locks and they made it up without breaking.

Yep, there’s a BleepinJeep with busted knuckle took a couple cheap jeeps up it (xj’s I think). They had a $5k limit and did quite well IIRC. It was some challenge he did.

You’re gonna love it.

Reactions: Wildman
Here’s where we are so far

Getting closer here are the current lists

Currently Reserved Attendees:
@Apparition
@Mrs.Apparition (sidelined)
@Woodrow
@lBasket
@MagnumV8
@NOTNSUV
@genesmail2001
@NashvilleTJ

Going to need to come up with some more trail recommendations too

Confirmed Trails:
Pritchett
Hells Revenge

Ideas for other trails
Metal Masher
Trifecta (in some form)
Cliffhanger
Moab Rim
Kane Creek
Behind the Rocks
Steelbender
Fins N Things

Any more suggestions? Preferences?

Last edited:

@Apparition
@Woodrow
@lBasket
@MagnumV8
@NOTNSUV
@genesmail2001
@NashvilleTJ

Confirmed Trails:
Pritchett
Hells Revenge

Ideas for other trails
Metal Masher
Trifecta (in some form)
Cliffhanger
Moab Rim
Kane Creek
Behind the Rocks
Steelbender
Fins N Things

Looks like about the correct size group... Hope you all have a great time.

Reactions: lBasket
I'm coming out with a neighbor (Thomas) and his wife in his JKUR on 35's and lots of armor. He's never been to Moab before, but he's a decent wheeler. May take him and his wife on Fins to ease her into it. But will definitely hit Poison Spider / Golden Spike, and Hell's as well as they would enjoy those. He may right-seat with me on Pritchette.

Behind the rocks is very cool. The worst part of the trail is the opening climb. HighDive and White Knucle both can be bypassed. Kane is very cool too, as there are a bunch of water crossings - if there is any water left in June.

Moab Rim is one of my favorites, but I'll never get my wife on Cliffhanger...

I'm coming out with a neighbor (Thomas) and his wife in his JKUR on 35's and lots of armor. He's never been to Moab before, but he's a decent wheeler. May take him and his wife on Fins to ease her into it. But will definitely hit Poison Spider / Golden Spike, and Hell's as well as they would enjoy those. He may right-seat with me on Pritchette.

Behind the rocks is very cool. The worst part of the trail is the opening climb. HighDive and White Knucle both can be bypassed. Kane is very cool too, as there are a bunch of water crossings - if there is any water left in June.

A JK on Pritchett sounds fun… talk him into it.

I enjoy Fins it’s great to break people in on and to play around a bit. My only complaint is it seem like it takes forever if you do the whole thing.

Found out my buddy's bringing his JLUR and leaving the LJR at home. Dunno?

We'll still have a TJR and a TJUR.., both manual.

@Apparition
@Woodrow
@lBasket
@MagnumV8
@NOTNSUV
@genesmail2001
@NashvilleTJ
That's a good list. I'm sorry Rick isn't going to make it though.

Confirmed Trails:
Pritchett
Hells Revenge

Ideas for other trails
Metal Masher
Trifecta (in some form)
Cliffhanger
Moab Rim
Kane Creek
Behind the Rocks
Steelbender
Fins N Things

Every one of those sounds good to me(y)

I rode the Moab Rim trail on my mountain bike as part of a series of trails from Burro Pass to the Colorado River "The Whole Enchilada" a few years back. Its beautiful and looked like it would be a fun Jeep trail too so I'm game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and Apparition
I might be one to pass on that as well. I have the book to check stuff out some....

It's a good trail and some awesome views.

IMGP2205.JPG

IMGP2211.JPG

IMGP0226.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG