TJ Enthusiast
Howdy All
Our son Sam (18)

8fe6a735-2dc3-4356-bc7a-19fe9639c162.jpeg

a444eef8-70cf-4d80-8bf5-306cc6e00659.jpeg

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

72978548611__A5AAB594-763A-4693-BF06-C25ACD4B3341.jpeg
got first price (only solo rider) in the Ironman category at this years 24 hour ice race on Claremont lake , minutes outside Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada 🇨🇦
• his 1973 SUZUKI RV 125 suffered from 2 flat tires and one disintegrated taillight (due to the endless 2-strokes vibrations 🤣)
• one lap was equivalent to 15 km (~9 miles)
• including breakdowns and nap times he managed to finish 22 laps
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 11.58.06.jpeg

IMG_7726.jpeg

IMG_8047.png

cc8f93f5-43fd-4d70-a15b-a1a25fb0235e.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

72975646307__002846B2-6273-47BF-829E-89409FC51872.jpeg

Cool accomplishment! Twenty-four hours on a bike is a challenge. Ice riding is my all-time favorite motorcycling. It's actually the most consistent traction compared to both dirt and asphalt. It looks like he used concrete anchor screws from the inside out. We used Kold Kutter screws from the outside in with cheap and very stiff Kenda knobbies (the softer tires would loose knobs).

Why don't they run Kold Kutters? The traction with an old school 2-stroke 250cc and 500cc bike (much more torque than his Suzuki) running Kold Kutters was excellent, and we didn't have to run heavy liners like I think he would due to the screw heads on the inside. I would think the tires are considerably heavier the way he did it, but maybe not. I haven't put a foot down on ice in 25 years or more...

Cool accomplishment! Twenty-four hours on a bike is a challenge. Ice riding is my all-time favorite motorcycling. It's actually the most consistent traction compared to both dirt and asphalt. It looks like he used concrete anchor screws from the inside out. We used Kold Kutter screws from the outside in with cheap and very stiff Kenda knobbies (the softer tires would loose knobs).

Why don't they run Kold Kutters? The traction with an old school 2-stroke 250cc and 500cc bike (much more torque than his Suzuki) running Kold Kutters was excellent, and we didn't have to run heavy liners like I think he would due to the screw heads on the inside. I would think the tires are considerably heavier the way he did it, but maybe not. I haven't put a foot down on ice in 25 years or more...

Sab
•We fully agree with your comments ,but we struggled to get tires for the vintage Scoot and to stay within a shoe string budget
• Sam got this ‘73 Suzy given to him and got it goin after it had been sitting under a tarp for 20+ years
• if you look really close, you’ll see that we actually put spacers between the rim and tires, because we weren’t able to find the proper size knobby
• highly recommend as father/son bonding project
• especially for the ol man learning to shut up ,listen and let the youngster make mistakes….😉

🚧DETOUR👋🏿
Overnout

Reactions: sab