Offroad floor Jacks

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
First came Pro Eagle, then Badlands and now

CAT

https://www.homedepot.com/p/CAT-3-T...Trucks-Maximum-Lift-21-5-in-240330E/326334602

1701956204343.png

The wheels are nice. I’d take just the adapter. It adds 8”+. That would be nice at the frame rails.
The Daytona Cross Beam works great on the frame rails, can lift a whole side at once. I've lifted the entire front end of my Sprinter with it no problem. You can also remove the rubber pads and screw on plywood and make a platform for fuel tanks and transmissions.

Daytona Cross Beam.jpg

The Daytona Cross Beam works great on the frame rails, can lift a whole side at once. I've lifted the entire front end of my Sprinter with it no problem. You can also remove the rubber pads and screw on plywood and make a platform for fuel tanks and transmissions.

View attachment 480283

I was just looking at the cross beam last Sunday. I’ve been wanting one for awhile, so it’s good to hear your thoughts, especially the part about adding a piece of plywood for transmissions and gas tanks. I’m dropping both soon

Reactions: Danarch
I'm kind of a nut when it comes to jacks. This is another one I wouldn't mind having, Amazon has it for just under $200

That’s very useful for the front axle

View attachment 480283

I didn't even think about this versus an extension. I'm pretty sure my father-in-law (also my neighbor, so it's easy to pilfer) has one of these in his garage, still in the box.

I didn't even think about this versus an extension. I'm pretty sure my father-in-law (also my neighbor, so it's easy to pilfer) has one of these in his garage, still in the box.

They used to sell the Pittsburgh cross beam which I believe only fits the Pittsburgh floor jacks, the Daytona is the newer model and only fits Daytona floor jacks. It also has more weight capacity than the old Pittsburgh.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
They used to sell the Pittsburgh cross beam which I believe only fits the Pittsburgh floor jacks, the Daytona is the newer model and only fits Daytona floor jacks. It also has more weight capacity than the old Pittsburgh.

I bet his is the Pittsburgh, I think that's what his jack is and I have the long reach Daytona. Still worth a stroll over to his garage to look around lol

As long as this is kind of a jack thread is anyone using these?

View attachment 480298

Somebody gave me one of those several years ago. It was not very sturdy. Anything higher than a couple inches of lift from the piston and it would start to lean, especially if you used the extension. The hydraulic jack is also very cheaply made and leaked. It eventually found it's way from the garage shelf to the trash can.

Reactions: B1Toad

damn, mine is Pittsburgh, of course.

For a second I was thinking "how different could it be? I have a welder, I can make it work". Then I realized the folly of depending on one of MY welds, from a $90 HF FCAW welder, to lift a two ton vehicle.

both of the people in this GIF are me.

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

damn, mine is Pittsburgh, of course.

For a second I was thinking "how different could it be? I have a welder, I can make it work". Then I realized the folly of depending on one of MY welds, from a $90 HF FCAW welder, to lift a two ton vehicle.

both of the people in this GIF are me.

View attachment 480330

That's the one thing about HF floor jacks, where the saddle connects is very proprietary. The saddle itself has a hole with a recessed edge, then a large but very short allen head screw with a large, flat head fits thru the saddle, rests in the recess and tightens down. There is also a raised lip around the hole on the bottom of the saddle. It would take some skillful machine work to make something.
Most floor jacks that I've owned in the past have a hole in the jack base and the saddle has a post that you just drop in the hole, easy to make stuff to fit. My OTC was the last one like that and I gave it to my helper because it leaked all over my floor even after I had it "rebuilt" at a shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
As long as this is kind of a jack thread is anyone using these?

View attachment 480298

I have two of them. I used them for several years. They are slow to pump up and a pain to get down. If you don't have a stock bottle jack, I can see how carrying one on the trail might be useful as a dual purpose for garage and trail, but frankly, I'd bypass it.