Perhaps the last new OEM radiator

TJenjoyer

IMG_8756.jpeg

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

Congratulations on the find...
That is the same factory radiator in original box that I purchased 2.5 years ago as a spare since the OEM radiators are going the way of the unicorn.

Congratulations on the find...
That is the same factory radiator in original box that I purchased 2.5 years ago as a spare since the OEM radiators are going the way of the unicorn.

Thanks! I asked dodge why they had it. Service guy said someone ordered it a couple years ago and never picked it up. I drove 4 hours total to go get it.

When I spoke with WeRMopar last summer, they talked me out of getting a spare for my 2005 auto by saying that they had 100+ units in stock, they weren't discontinuing the auto radiator anytime soon, and that they wouldn't warranty the radiator if it had issues when installing it later on. :cautious:

I saw one online today and they wanted $367 for it. They are still out there but VERY rare.

That’s a little dramatic. I don’t think @Jamison or @freedom_in_4low have died on the trail with their aftermarket radiators. Congrats on perhaps getting the last one.

I'm on an OEM radiator now but when I had an aftermarket on my TJ, the only time it mattered at all was long uphill stretches of highway in 95F+. It didn't fail on me and it never got close to hot on a trail.

Reactions: JMT
That’s a little dramatic. I don’t think @Jamison or @freedom_in_4low have died on the trail with their aftermarket radiators. Congrats on perhaps getting the last one.

This is the logical conclusion from the prevailing line of thought here that (a) Mopar is the only viable option and (b) the TJ OEM cooling system is the pinnacle of thermodynamic engineering. There is no room for any other conclusion.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and Zorba

The only trouble I've had was WITH an OEM radiator. The original blew, replaced with Mopar. That lasted a few months before the tank crimps failed. Been running a Denso ever since (around 15-20k miles... I've lost track) with zero problems. I still have the Mopar replacement that I'm going to have re-crimped and I'll save it for if/when the Denso ever fails.

• Love
Reactions: JMT