Project Farm tests kinetic ropes

"Unstick a Wrangler" is pretty vague. In a couple inches of sand? Probably. Up to your doors in thick mud? Probably not.

OK. For a daily driver TJ that sees backroad and light trail riding use, as in double track that doesn't include dragging or body damage or intentional winching? I'll go back before I damage the Jeep. I think I need a rope or strap just in case but don't want to spend $200 if a $50 one will get me out of a spot. Got soft shackles incoming from BMB, got the winch, a shackle and a snatch block. I need something to tow or get towed with in any case. And a tree saver strap.

OK. For a daily driver TJ that sees backroad and light trail riding use, as in double track that doesn't include dragging or body damage or intentional winching? I'll go back before I damage the Jeep. I think I need a rope or strap just in case but don't want to spend $200 if a $50 one will get me out of a spot. Got soft shackles incoming from BMB, got the winch, a shackle and a snatch block. I need something to tow or get towed with in any case. And a tree saver strap.

In that case a regular "recovery" strap is all you need. Works great as a tree saver, too.