Recovery gear

I switched for the same reason.

According to the TRE website.

Most snatch blocks weigh 8 lbs. or more, this block weighs just under two pounds. It’s precision made from aircraft grade aluminum with a revolutionary heavy duty self lubricating single bearing Delrin sheave that will never rust or require any maintenance, even after years of use.

https://www.tacticalrecoveryequipment.com/product-category/snatch-blocks/

View attachment 524100

View attachment 524101

The problem with depending on others to design your stuff for you is you lack the knowledge and understanding to know what you have. The sheave that rides on the large axle is not Delrin or acetal. It is instead, a very high performance high lubricity bearing grade plastic that was specifically developed for that type of application. I just added a rope groove to it.

Thanks for posing that, Pepper. I’m on the hunt for a light weight version.

Is this the one you have? It says max 1/4” rope. Sounds like it may be for an ATV.

I broke into Sab’s house looking for his spare TRE, but man, he hid it well…

🙂

Has to be and the weight rating is odd. Pay very close attention to the cap screw used as the axle. It is stainless and a high strength version of that is horribly expensive.

Good to know I'm barely hanging in there with the Amazon stuff. I was worried there for a bit.

Hey I'd buy BMB recovery anything...when are you coming out with Mr. B's signature line of snatch block/recovery ring... should call them the ring of power since it fits right in with your wizardry...

-Mac

BTW,
Asked TRE in a email over the weekend about a projected date for having their snatch block back in stock. His reply was in the next week or so.
Just went to their website and you can now purchase one while it's on backorder. You couldn't do that this weekend.
So I've got one ordered. We'll see how long it takes.

What are they shatter-resistant for? Jeeper skulls?

Duck around and find out.

6.5k sold and 4.7 star reviews.

Attack Biting GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC
BTW,
Asked TRE in a email over the weekend about a projected date for having their snatch block back in stock. His reply was in the next week or so.
Just went to their website and you can now purchase one while it's on backorder. You couldn't do that this weekend.
So I've got one ordered. We'll see how long it takes.

Thanks for that, Richardo. I've done the same.

Reactions: Wildman
I have bought recovery straps (non-stretch) before that are actually just crane slings which are re-rated for the lower FoS of winching.

If on a budget, simply buying padded nylon crane slings (usually eye-eye) may suffice for a number of uses. Similar to how we repurpose anchor pin shackles for recovery purposes.

Note per ASME B30, the factor of safety for winching is 3.5:1 and 5:1 for lifting. Thus a sling rated for 1,000 lbs lift (vertical hitch) could be rated for about 1,429 lbs winching (equivalent to vertical hitch).

Generally, consumer grade winches and equipment are not bound to ASME B30.7, but it is a good starting point.

Reactions: macleanflood