Select Increments Dash-Pods

Neil Sears

TJ Enthusiast
I’m going to install my 5 1/4 Focal speakers soon and wanted to get some feedback on the Select Increments Dash-Pods?

Tell me your experiences?

Thanks.

IMG_7231.jpeg

IMG_7232.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m going to install my 5 1/4 Focal speakers soon and wanted to get some feedback on the Select Increments Dash-Pods?

Begin rant: As someone that was in FRP manufacturing for 20 years. I have a hard time paying $89 for something that shouldn’t retail for no more than about $39 and really can sell profitably for $25. However, if there really is an improvement in sound then the gouging by the manufacturer should be moot, right? :End rant.

Tell me your experiences?

Thanks.

View attachment 524641

View attachment 524642
Does that 39 bucks include the development costs amortized out over the estimated total number of parts able to be sold?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I have them.

IMG_6187.jpeg

I dont remember thinking they made a $80 improvement in audio performance when I installed them though. The jeeps audio performance ability is pretty poor in general.

I have them. Vented them as someone advised above. Kicker speakers, a little polyfill, they sound pretty good considering they're aimed at my knees. Better with them than without them. I'd buy them again.

Reactions: Neil Sears
I don't know about that. I just looked at their website, and their scratch and dent pile has a $115 price on them. If you can get them for $85, it sounds like a bargain. Of course, the $10 baffles I used sound a LOT better now.

The scratch and dent includes speakers from what I could tell. Thats why the price was higher. The retail of the Pods is $89.

I just got the $15 adapter and I packed a little polyfil in a small zipped pillow behind the speaker. I was a little concerned with possibly breathing the fiberglass, so I zipped the polyfil in a small pillow. Some of those baffles on certain years will require cutting some of the metal behind the dash, or so I've read. I determined by trial and error just the right amount of polyfil to balance my rear speaker sound. Those baffles might make the front speakers over power the rear sound bar speakers. In that case, you may have to add a little polyfil to the back of the rear speakers to balance the volume.

I bought them for ~$100, and sent them back
Theyre not worth the absurd price Vs alternatives
Worth is subjective

Another member on my gun forum printed me the 3D printer pods (top) I found the files on here for free and he hooked me up. I was about to buy my own printer to do them too

I also personally feel coaxials do not produce good sound to the listener. No POD will fix that.

You need components up front with the tweeter up on the dash. I tried 4 sets of speakers and finally kept the Polk DB5252 that Crutchfield recommended
ncXKVFw.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Sears and JMT
I have them and can tell a huge difference before and after. They project the sound out of the dash instead of into it. IF you have a pre-2003 TJ, you will have to cut a piece of the dash out on the driver side so they will fit.

I installed polyfill in mine as well as my sound bar. I would buy them again in a heart beat.

I have them and can tell a huge difference before and after. They project the sound out of the dash instead of into it. IF you have a pre-2003 TJ, you will have to cut a piece of the dash out on the driver side so they will fit.

I installed polyfill in mine as well as my sound bar. I would buy them again in a heart beat.

I agree with this. Before I couldn’t hear the music coming from the dash and after installing these pods, I now can. You shouldn’t have a fear of over powering the rear pods. Just based on placement alone, the rear pods will always be heard over the fronts. I do think these pods are worth it but they only really matter when you’re amplifying and upgrading drivers.

I agree with this. Before I couldn’t hear the music coming from the dash and after installing these pods, I now can. You shouldn’t have a fear of over powering the rear pods. Just based on placement alone, the rear pods will always be heard over the fronts. I do think these pods are worth it but they only really matter when you’re amplifying and upgrading drivers.
100%. I could tell the biggest difference after installing the 4 channel amp.