Stretched LJ on 40s

What wheelbase are you looking for? I know you can push the gas tank back 5.5" in an LJ but with the genright tank & 60's, 10"-11" stretch?

Reactions: SvtLdr and Wildman
What wheelbase are you looking for? I know you can push the gas tank back 5.5" in an LJ but with the genright tank & 60's, 10"-11" stretch?
I'm shooting for 111-112in-ish now, wasnt sure when I was starting to tear down and ordered the tank. With the tera60 I can get around a 5in stretch in the rear with the stock tank. With the tank I bought, I can go much further than. Room for possible changes later I guess.

I've been super busy with family stuff so this has kinda hit the back burner until this week. Luckily enough, the trip I was planning to have this done by was pushed back until mid November, so I've got a little bit more time.

In the last few nights after putting kids to bed, I've been able to get the front axle in and under to kinda get it where I'll want it. I needed a little more space in the garage to work around so I'll have to roll it out as needed to get things done.

I was also able to get the front shock towers welded

1695919856020.png

1695919866612.png

I was also able to get the front shock towers and some of the control arm mounts tacked in place. My welding skills are worse than I remember, so I've got a buddy coming over to help finish weld them in place. I've got all the material in to fab together a cross brace for them and will hopefully get that made this weekend.

1695920305590.png

Now that the axles are in and give me a little bit more safety net if the harbor freight jack stands give out (or so I tell myself), I finally feel comfortable with getting underneath this thing and ripping the transfer case out, so I hope to do that this week as well. The atlas i bought has a 23 spline long input, and we need a 23 short, so I need to modify that as well (the Advance Adapter guys at EJS told me it was easiest to just use an angle grinder to cut off).

I'm figuring out the front track bar right now. I don't really have the time to design my own frame side track bar bracket, so I'm starting off with gen rights tracer bracket and modifying it to fit my needs. More on the front track bar in a bit.

I've been super busy with family stuff so this has kinda hit the back burner until this week. Luckily enough, the trip I was planning to have this done by was pushed back until mid November, so I've got a little bit more time.

In the last few nights after putting kids to bed, I've been able to get the front axle in and under to kinda get it where I'll want it. I needed a little more space in the garage to work around so I'll have to roll it out as needed to get things done.

I was also able to get the front shock towers welded

View attachment 461251

View attachment 461252

I was also able to get the front shock towers and some of the control arm mounts tacked in place. My welding skills are worse than I remember, so I've got a buddy coming over to help finish weld them in place. I've got all the material in to fab together a cross brace for them and will hopefully get that made this weekend.

View attachment 461258

Now that the axles are in and give me a little bit more safety net if the harbor freight jack stands give out (or so I tell myself), I finally feel comfortable with getting underneath this thing and ripping the transfer case out, so I hope to do that this week as well. The atlas i bought has a 23 spline long input, and we need a 23 short, so I need to modify that as well (the Advance Adapter guys at EJS told me it was easiest to just use an angle grinder to cut off).

I'm figuring out the front track bar right now. I don't really have the time to design my own frame side track bar bracket, so I'm starting off with gen rights tracer bracket and modifying it to fit my needs. More on the front track bar in a bit.

Making some good progress.

Those shock towers are colossal, how long of a shock and what travel ratio, are ya planning?

I cannot get that sticker off haha. Floss/fishing line wont work. I might just have to get a blade to scrape it off and potentially damage the paint. would be worth it though haha.

Use a heat gun to soften it up, then scrape it with a plastic scraper. After that use some Goo Gone, then a dual action cleaner polish.

Don't judge me by the stickers! 😉

Before
D3m8vXC.jpg

After
UFcVYXt.jpg

After a fun weekend in Sand Hollow for Trail Hero....

1697207184146.png

1697207205365.png

1697207221364.png

I had a bit of motivation and got to work. Designed a track bar bracket and had it cut, and had a friend with better welding skills than I come and help finish up the front end.

1697207427526.png

(excuse the ghetto spacers spacing the track bar bracket for welding).

1697207444942.png

Only thing left to weld on the front end is the tower brace. I'll get to that a bit later. Ive got a lot of painting to do to cover this all up, and I lot of assembly to get to work on on the front end.

Had a few buddies over this weekend and got quite a bit done this weekend. PSC is just about in and done, just have one hose to buy today and itll be done. The atlas is modified and just waiting for the correct speedo gear to install it. Body armor is all installed and test fitted, its ready to remove for paint. The wheel opening on the custom corner guards were further back than anticipated, but I'm not hating it. Wheelbase is ending up somewhere between 113 and 114in.

I'll keep things updated as I finish them.

1698078476191.png

1698080438208.png

If it doesn’t slow you down could take some pics when mount billy rocker on after paint. Not lot good pics that I’ve found.

If it doesn’t slow you down could take some pics when mount billy rocker on after paint. Not lot good pics that I’ve found.

Sadly, I've been looking for some myself. Mine aren't lining up with the body mounts well right now. I've been working with Nemesis to figure it out as everything SHOULD be fitting right now but they aren't.

Are there any specific pictures you're looking for specifically?

Reactions: reddvltj
Soooo. I've blown past the original date I was hoping to get done by, and next weekend (Nov 10-12th) was the back up date for the wheeling trip I was hoping to have this done by. I'll be blowing past that as well. I'm still happy with the progress I'm making though, fitting this in around family time and work just isn't great.

Hopefully I can get more done this week.

1699281208337.png

Soooo. I've blown past the original date I was hoping to get done by, and next weekend (Nov 10-12th) was the back up date for the wheeling trip I was hoping to have this done by. I'll be blowing past that as well. I'm still happy with the progress I'm making though, fitting this in around family time and work just isn't great.

Hopefully I can get more done this week.

View attachment 471805

You had an aggressive timeline. I running into similar issues on a remodel. It happens. I ran a month or two over on my Jeep build as well. It’ll all be worth it in the end. Looking great so far. Keep the pictures coming.

Sadly, I've been looking for some myself. Mine aren't lining up with the body mounts well right now. I've been working with Nemesis to figure it out as everything SHOULD be fitting right now but they aren't.

Are there any specific pictures you're looking for specifically?

Nemesis website has instructions for the tub armor but nothing I can find for the billy rocker so honestly curious how all of it goes together. Really like the look and how clean it lines up with fenders and corner armor but would like to know how goes on before drop that kind of coin. Now really interested to hear what you learn as work through install.

Reactions: Wildman
Nemesis website has instructions for the tub armor but nothing I can find for the billy rocker so honestly curious how all of it goes together. Really like the look and how clean it lines up with fenders and corner armor but would like to know how goes on before drop that kind of coin. Now really interested to hear what you learn as work through install.

The JK instructions they have on they're site are dang near the same the as the TJ/LJ process. Hopefully that helps. I've got several friends running them already, and I have to say they're worth the coin. I've been really impressed to the abuse they've put up with, even for sliders.