Tourist sub taking groups to look at Titanic wreckage goes missing

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-groups-Titanic-wreckage-goes-missing.html

Tourist sub taking groups to look at Titanic wreckage goes missing​

• The Boston Coastguard is trying to locate the underwater vessel
  • The Titanic wreckage sits in the ocean bed around 370 miles from Newfoundland
  • OceanGate Expeditions is one of the only companies that runs the tours
OceanGate Expeditions is one of the only companies that offers the tours. Tickets cost up to $250,000.

OceanGate Expeditions is one of the only companies that offers the tours. Tickets cost up to $250,000.

72296673-12210873-image-m-52_1687186449567.jpg

The Boston Coastguard is now looking for the missing vessel. The wreckage of the iconic ship sits 12,500ft underwater around 370 miles from Newfoundland, Canada
Tourists get rare opportunity to visit Titanic shipwreck

Images from Ocean Gate, one of the tour companies that operates the expeditions, show the wreckage

• Wow
Reactions: RINC
'Everything else is done with touch screens and computers...'

Those poor bastards. "The sea lies in wait for the unwary. She stalks the reckless!"

Reactions: Claybirdd
Nope, count me out on this ticket…not a ride I want to take. That sucks, hope they are found and fast but if down below how will the coast guard find them, sonar maybe….then what?

Reactions: Austin O.
Like the Titanic, this may be another one way ticket to Davy Jones's Locker. I hope not but at two miles below the surface it's a brutal environment.

I'm happy looking at wreck photos from the comforts of my home.

The sub is controlled by a knockoff playstation controller and guided by text messages from the surface... I'd expect a good bit more for $250,000.

you've jogged my memory now. I remember reading about that some time ago and thinking the same thing. Not sure I expected it to actually result in disaster though.

If the occupants are dead, I hope it at least was a structural failure leading to sudden collapse, rather than a loss of power followed by hours of terror before asphyxiating.

Here is the last known image taken by the sub; some old, heavily corroded away piece of the titanic that had obviously been eaten away over a century under the ocean …. Oh no wait that’s my TJ shock mount

View attachment 434268

also seen, this piping flange. Oh wait that's the exhaust manifold outlet from my Bronco 2.

IMG_0415.JPG

Dang … so they have until Thursday night to find them before the oxygen runs out? I hope they do. Weird it’s not sending anymore distress signals. 😞

Nope, count me out on this ticket…not a ride I want to take. That sucks, hope they are found and fast but if down below how will the coast guard find them, sonar maybe….then what?

Marine SAR is wild. Mostly just luck and technology. Sounded like they had 2 or 3 C-130s looking. As much as a hope they find them, I'm very doubtful. But who knows. I've heard crazier SAR stories.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
That sub if you want to call it that is janky, there was a story a while back about how a person paid for a trip and it was scrubbed due to issues 3x at the last minute out on the ship.