Will a drivers side Tuffy box fit under the passenger seat?

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have the really long tuffy box under my drivers seat,it’s awesome,if I get a regular non flip seat track for the passenger seat,I wonder if another drivers tuffy box would fit on the passenger side,anyone done this-thanks

I have the really long tuffy box under my drivers seat,it’s awesome,if I get a regular non flip seat track for the passenger seat,I wonder if another drivers tuffy box would fit on the passenger side,anyone done this-thanks

@NashvilleTJ just put one under his LJ seats with no issues. Check out his build thread for info.

I've been wondering how much modification (or lift) would be needed to put the non-flip box under the driver seat with a flip bracket. Can't find a driver side non-flip bracket.

They make a shorter veryfor the flip seat but the non flip I have on my drivers is wayy bigger

That is good to know. I have a 1997 so the drivers side is a non flip seat. And the way things are going I won't really need to flip the passenger seat anymore. I don't have a glove box anymore nor the center console so I need some storage somewhere.

That is good to know. I have a 1997 so the drivers side is a non flip seat. And the way things are going I won't really need to flip the passenger seat anymore. I don't have a glove box anymore nor the center console so I need some storage somewhere.
I know eBay has a non flip bracket for pass side you could get another drivers side keyed alike,here a pic of the drivers nonflip
image.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
I've been wondering how much modification (or lift) would be needed to put the non-flip box under the driver seat with a flip bracket. Can't find a driver side non-flip bracket.
All you have to do is buy these on eBay
eBay has them
all you have to buy is these,just unbolt the flip mechanism off of your seat.all the adjuster brackets are the same,I even bought a pair and made my pass seat nonflip so I could fit the large tuffy box over there too.
123D8384-2EDE-4AE1-848B-3035D1010BBF.png

on my '06 with dual flip seats with 1.5" seat risers, can I mount a L/S short Tuffy under the R/S seat? It would be really nice to have a little more semi secure storage

Under flip seats? do the seat risers allow you to do that?

On my 97 passenger seat the flip lever just hit the drawer so I'd think if it was 1.5" higher I think it'd clear. I've either got to raise mine or get rid of the flip mechanism so that I can put the drawer in on the passenger side.

Reactions: dla and voodooridr
:unsure: I guess it's time to go do a little mechanics yoga and see what I can see under the seats, it sure would be nice to have a little more under seat lockable storage

Reactions: Wildman
:unsure: I guess it's time to go do a little mechanics yoga and see what I can see under the seats, it sure would be nice to have a little more under seat lockable storage

If you are coming this direction anytime soon I've got the drawer I ordered for my passenger side sitting here. We could check it out and see. I've got to get my garage cleaned up so I can get my Jeep back inside and work on it while I'm down.

Reactions: voodooridr