Tennessee Windrock April 2024

Jamesval035

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
A buddy and I, and potentially @tnjeepguy have a Windrock trip planned for 4-7 April. My buddy and I have only been once about a year ago and did 26, 16, and some random easier trails that I don’t remember the name of (stuck with easy stuff as it was raining all that day).

Anyway, is anyone else planning a trip during that time that knows the trail system? I wouldn’t mind doing 16 again, and adding some of the more difficult trails like 75, 38, 15, and 51.

I am not able to go during that time but I am somewhat familiar with Windrock. Let me know if you have any specific questions and possibly I can provide some intel. As I am sure you are aware, Windrock is totally different when it is raining or has recently rained and April in TN it will most likely be raining at least part of the time. Trail 15 and 38 are extremely difficult when muddy and can take a good while to do, but they are easily doable when dry and combined can be run in less than 30 minutes. Trail 75 is more of a mindfreak than it is hard, but after you drop off the gatekeeper (which you can skip), the next slab you have to climb to get back on the ridge is very tough and most likely a winch (you can skip this as well). After the ridge, it is just a long trail with not really that much. Again, post up any specific questions and possibly I can answer. Have fun!

Reactions: Jamesval035
I am not able to go during that time but I am somewhat familiar with Windrock. Let me know if you have any specific questions and possibly I can provide some intel. As I am sure you are aware, Windrock is totally different when it is raining or has recently rained and April in TN it will most likely be raining at least part of the time. Trail 15 and 38 are extremely difficult when muddy and can take a good while to do, but they are easily doable when dry and combined can be run in less than 30 minutes. Trail 75 is more of a mindfreak than it is hard, but after you drop off the gatekeeper (which you can skip), the next slab you have to climb to get back on the ridge is very tough and most likely a winch (you can skip this as well). After the ridge, it is just a long trail with not really that much. Again, post up any specific questions and possibly I can answer. Have fun!

Ahhh, no mention of fuel????

😀