M12 pop rivet tool

They do have adhesives that will work, we just want nothing to do with them since they are costly and a PITA to use. The 2 part stuff that auto manufacturers and repair shops use in the structural forms will hold most anything to anything under high loads. It would cost several hundred dollars in cartridges and mixing nozzles to put up the wall panels in an RV though.

Exactly. I've done plenty of work with adhesives and dispensers...It doesn't ever NOT suck. And that is with the "unlimited" resources of a Tier 1 auto supplier (that teeters on the level of OEM). So I had all the good tools, techniques, and process controls one could ever wish for. This is NOT something I want to do by myself in a non-temperature controlled environment with 46 years worth of aluminum oxide protecting the framework of the coach.

Reactions: mrblaine
I had a need to install 1/4" stainless pop rivets and ended up with this air powered tool:

View attachment 500677

Worked great for those tough rivets and since I use it very rarely, being air powered is not an issue. It also uses very little air. If I was using it frequently, I might go for a Milwaukee battery unit but the M12 can't pull 1/4" rivets. For that you need the M18 version which is pretty pricey especially compared to the tool I ended up with.

But don't you have to hook up one of those long skinny hose things people always trip over to make it work?

Yeah, and when you don’t have access to one of those big, loud, hot dog looking things to plug those long skinny hose things into, that Astro tool is pretty useless.

I can buy a lot of hose for what the M18 rivet gun costs. I'm just glad I don't need one.