Most used / favorite tool?

Sorta dame here… I bought it when doing a full restoration of a 1970 Nova and it was 100% necessary but can't remember exactly why.

Milwaukee m12 3/8 ratchet. Bought it to reinstall my radiator after I removed it using hand tools. I’ve got a full hand set 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 + impact but that ratchet changed my life. Install radiator, moryde tailgate, build kids baseball hoop. Its my goto.

That's also on my list. Just been debating between standard and extended length. I've just had a hard time justifying it so far because I have a pneumatic ratchet. That's not going to stop me though lol.

Not even remotely the most used, but its my favorite when I need it :D Have had it for 30+ years and maybe used it three times.

Had to drill two holes in a very limited space today. Had enough room on top to transfer punch, but not drill with a normal drill. The back side I could drill no problem, but was in a pocket and I couldn't accurately locate the hole locations.

The Sioux was a hair too big without a bit. The Makita with a short flute 1/8" bit was 3.25 from the back of the head to the tip of the bit :cool:

So I drilled an 1/8" pilot hole in the transfer punched location on top, and then opened it up to size with a regular drill and drill bit from the back side.

thumbnail_20240413_172716.jpg

thumbnail_20240413_172618.jpg

thumbnail_20240413_172634.jpg

thumbnail_20240413_172652.jpg

Not even remotely the most used, but its my favorite when I need it :D Have had it for 30+ years and maybe used it three times.

Had to drill two holes in a very limited space today. Had enough room on top to transfer punch, but not drill with a normal drill. The back side I could drill no problem, but was in a pocket and I couldn't accurately locate the hole locations.

The Sioux was a hair too big without a bit. The Makita with a short flute 1/8" bit was 3.25 from the back of the head to the tip of the bit :cool:

So I drilled an 1/8" pilot hole in the transfer punched location on top, and then opened it up to size with a regular drill and drill bit from the back side.

View attachment 518355

View attachment 518356

View attachment 518357
That is the most dangerous tool I own.

But knowing what's coming you can position yourself accordingly. Maybe :D

The chuck key will spin around and pinches the end of your finger off when it gets it between the key and the housing. The lever is way too easy to push when changing a bit. Only tool I own that I have to unplug to change bits in.

Reactions: CMBD
The chuck key will spin around and pinches the end of your finger off when it gets it between the key and the housing. The lever is way too easy to push when changing a bit. Only tool I own that I have to unplug to change bits in.

Have not gotten got like that. Yet. But yea it has a hair trigger.

Certainly not the most used by any means, but when you need it, there ain't no replacement:
492.jpg

Thor 1/2", non reversible, single speed, low speed drill. The best I can determine, its from the 30s or maybe the 40s. My late father paid $100 for it in about 1948 and it wasn't new then.

Most used tool is my welder, but my favorite tool(s) are hammers. I've got about 15 different types of hammers. Some I've made like this little ball peen that I use all the time.
PXL_20240430_020354868.jpg

Then this 10lb sledge I welded to a jackhammer spike for when you need to hit something really hard & you only want to hit it once.
PXL_20240430_020253574.jpg

Most used tool is my welder, but my favorite tool(s) are hammers. I've got about 15 different types of hammers. Some I've made like this little ball peen that I use all the time.
View attachment 522941
Then this 10lb sledge I welded to a jackhammer spike for when you need to hit something really hard & you only want to hit it once.
View attachment 522942

I think my hands would only want me to hit it once.

View attachment 522941
View attachment 522942

Damn - with those forearms, that big hammer looks right at home.