My 1978 GMC motorhome

The seat base has a pivot that slides into that tube in the back right hand corner of the seat base.

Those look like a lot of boat seat platform/drawers that I've seen. What does the actual seat look like?

Those look like a lot of boat seat platform/drawers that I've seen. What does the actual seat look like?

Pretty standard motorhome fare. I don't have great pictures of the seats.

1707770655786.png

1707770715028.png

They are being replaced with other, standard motorhome seats, that are a bit 'Fresher' in the foam dept.

1707770886483.png

Worked on the roof this weekend. Changing an absorption fridge for a compressor fridge means the roof vent is now unnecessary. So that came off. I’ve also been procrastinating on cleaning the butyl rubber off when my A/C units were. It’s a nasty, sticky job.

I have new roof clearance lights to go on and some of the threaded inserts needed repair, plus the two outer lights in the rear need to be relocated. When the awning was installed, the passenger light was removed, since it interfered with the awning. For some reason, the rear lights were set further out than the front ones. I’m setting them in to match up with the front.

I got a bunch of extra holes filled with epoxy and repaired the northern thread inserts. Got all the butyl off the roof and cleaned up under where the storage bin was located.

IMG_1933.jpeg

IMG_1932.jpeg

Couple other little projects I got done too. When this thing was built, rear view cameras weren’t a thing. Now they are everywhere and cheap. No reason not to put one on the ol girl.
IMG_1934.jpeg

Finally, the “porch” light on my motorhome is an old roadtrek luminary. They used them on airstreams too. Anyway, they are NLA, and my lens was gross. I designed a replacement and printed one up out of a clear petg material.

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

It's going to be a great rig when you're finished. Sometimes I wish I had gone with something older just for the dependability and ease of working on. I'm happy with my Sprinter based motorhome but there's always that cloud hanging over my head that it might break down and I won't be able to fix it, and I'll be a thousand miles from a Mercedes facility.

Reactions: tworley and Mike_H
Exactly why I bought my 2007 Fleetwood with a 496 cubic inch GM engine and an Allison transmission.

Been playing around with paint schemes...I need to paint my roof and I'm going to paint it white...BUT I'm not ready to paint the whole coach yet.

So I wanted to see what it would look like with a white roof and the Factory Beige...... Not an exact replica, but darn close. Looks fine to me, so I have some painting to do.
1708792451650.png

Since I'm SUPER ADHD I went and started playing around with some other ideas...

This one is pattered of a Bronco Sport, Heritage edition...its a good look...I really like it as it has a 70's vibe but kinda modern too. I don't think it would go out of style either...My wife looked at it and said, "Baby blue?" with that look in her eye...so we probably won't do this one, LOL.

1708792618135.png

I tried something a bit more modern too...patterned off another coach I saved a picture of...She likes this one a lot better, but its gonna be WAY more difficult to paint.

1708792681359.png

Painting one of these the "right" way will cost me 10-15 grand, if I have it done...so we're not in any imminent need to make a decision...but its fun to think about this stuff. Curious what others think?

Reactions: tworley and rasband

A neighbor of mine had a metal flaked purple one with yellow/orange flames on the front. Do that. ;)

I like the simple blue one, but without the blacked out area. I think a solid, lighter color like pale blue/yellow/green would look good and somewhat period correct. Maybe break it up with a period inspired graphic.

1708798252775.png

There's also
1708798316601.png

Been playing around with paint schemes...I need to paint my roof and I'm going to paint it white...BUT I'm not ready to paint the whole coach yet.

So I wanted to see what it would look like with a white roof and the Factory Beige...... Not an exact replica, but darn close. Looks fine to me, so I have some painting to do.
View attachment 503787

Since I'm SUPER ADHD I went and started playing around with some other ideas...

This one is pattered of a Bronco Sport, Heritage edition...its a good look...I really like it as it has a 70's vibe but kinda modern too. I don't think it would go out of style either...My wife looked at it and said, "Baby blue?" with that look in her eye...so we probably won't do this one, LOL.

View attachment 503788

I tried something a bit more modern too...patterned off another coach I saved a picture of...She likes this one a lot better, but its gonna be WAY more difficult to paint.

View attachment 503789

Painting one of these the "right" way will cost me 10-15 grand, if I have it done...so we're not in any imminent need to make a decision...but its fun to think about this stuff. Curious what others think?

I really like simple stripes, seems like every RV on the road has to have curls and swirls which looks tacky IMHO especially as they age and fade. If you are considering traveling to hot climates or even parking in the sun in the summer pretty much anywhere consider light colors.

Reactions: BlueC and Rickyd
A neighbor of mine had a metal flaked purple one with yellow/orange flames on the front. Do that. ;)

I like the simple blue one, but without the blacked out area. I think a solid, lighter color like pale blue/yellow/green would look good and somewhat period correct. Maybe break it up with a period inspired graphic.

View attachment 503811

There's also
View attachment 503812

Its hard to show in the line drawings, but a LOT of these get painted black up by the windows, because the windows are tinted so darkly...Something like this is very common.

1708801757871.png

Says you and literally every other person whos ever seen the movie!

That movie actually came on tv a few weeks ago. That was the first I'd heard or seen of it in probably 20 years. It is a clean, simple paint job, and the gun ports and armor just add a nice cherry on top.

That movie actually came on tv a few weeks ago. That was the first I'd heard or seen of it in probably 20 years. It is a clean, simple paint job, and the gun ports and armor just add a nice cherry on top.

Its pretty stock for a Palm Beach model. They added the dark green below the beltline and thats it!

Its pretty stock for a Palm Beach model. They added the dark green below the beltline and thats it!

I honestly assumed it was a stock paint job. It's not my preferred colors, but it looks good to me.

Reactions: Mike_H
Well, today was kind of a bust. I was making good progress and things were going TOGETHER!!! The new propane storage unit is in place, my first piece of trim went in for good, and I was rebuilding the beds/cabinets. When I got to the Drivers side outer bed support, I was fighting a piece of strapping that is for the plumbing system. I have cut all the drains out (they were in the way) and left enough to re-attached with couplers when the time came. Well, that strapping was in my way, so I thought I'd remove it. No sooner did I touch it than the fitting that it was wrapped around fell apart. That fitting is the last elbow before the drains exit into the gray water tank...and the fitting broke the top of the tank out.

1708906522229.png

Now, to be fair, it looks like its been broken for a while, and I KNOW I have a leak somewhere else when that tank is full...so I guess its good that I'm addressing it...but dang it. One step forward, two steps back....

• Sad
Reactions: tworley