My 1978 GMC motorhome

WTF it looks like they just cut a hole in that plastic then glued in a 1.5" adapter? How was it attached to the tank? Was that round piece a knockout on the tank in case of a larger pipe and it finally broke out? You can easily make something up with a larger plate and put silicone or Butyl on it and screw it to the tank, if it's accessible.

This one is pattered of a Bronco Sport, Heritage edition...its a good look...I really like it as it has a 70's vibe but kinda modern too. I don't think it would go out of style either...My wife looked at it and said, "Baby blue?" with that look in her eye...so we probably won't do this one, LOL.

View attachment 503788

Do what you can to convince her cause this is 😍

Reactions: Mike_H
WTF it looks like they just cut a hole in that plastic then glued in a 1.5" adapter? How was it attached to the tank? Was that round piece a knockout on the tank in case of a larger pipe and it finally broke out? You can easily make something up with a larger plate and put silicone or Butyl on it and screw it to the tank, if it's accessible.

Pretty much...I gotta get the tank down and take a look at its overall condition. Its ABS, so welding a new fitting to it won't be terrible, if the rest of the tank is in good shape.

I haven’t checked in on this thread in a while. I’m still impressed. It looks like very meticulous work. I like the bronco theme with black at window level.

Reactions: Mike_H
Mike, this might be the coolest thread I've seen here on WTJF.

I've long wanted a 'retro' RV to cruise around the country in
(and the wife wants to do some travelling health-care)

I've got a softspot for the resto-mod classic RV's.
Super sick. 🤘

Reactions: Mike_H and rasband
@tworley and @BlueC

I made a slight adjustment to the blue...The scheme just kinda works!

1708959120470.png

Got my gray water tank down last night. Surprised it didn’t fall down on its own…held in with four 1/4” self tapping screws…Yeah, a 19 gallon, plastic, water tank held by four self tapping screws through a plastic flange.

It’s terribly broken. The top is cracked, there is a big crack down the side, and the outlet had a repair done before we bought it. It’s going in the garbage.

While I was under, I looked at the condition of the black tank. It’s also not very good, so I will be to replace both of them. Not what I wanted to do, but now is the time, since I have zero amounts of plumbing installed and the opportunity to move things around if needed.

Heading to Elkhart, In tomorrow to pick up some new power adjustable mirrors, so I’ll look for tanks while I’m there too.

To another trip to the Elkhart,In area yesterday to spend some more money on this ol girl. I ordered some new Ramco Engineering outside rearviews that are power adjust. Someone has already installed Ramcos on my coach, but they were manual. The windows are so small that trying to adjust them was a gigantic pain in the ass, almost requiring you to get out of the coach, adjust the mirror, and get back in. Trying to do a driver change while on the road just didn’t work, since I’m 6’2” and my wife is about 5’1”.

https://www.ramco-eng.com/general/hvnftzbb142/1350-Series

1709208109780.png

Looked for a couple replacement holding tanks while we were down there, but struck out.

However, after using some subliminal and not so subliminal reminders to my wife that we are getting to a point that we’re need to figure out what we’re doing in our “living room” she came up with a great idea. We have a little table to use while driving that goes between the seats. The supporting post is a marine style 3” tube, which is removable. There is a post base that acts at a receiver on booth the floor and the table. She came up with the idea to use that area as our dining area, and build a bigger table to fit there. Since our captains chairs swivel, that will work out very well, and makes use of an area that we don’t typically use while camping.

With a dining area set, we were free to create a lounge area with an actual couch. So, we picked up a new, theater style loveseat. Thomas Payne, recliner, in some sort of faux leather. It’s really comfy and addresses in of my HUGE concerns that I’ve had about this project the whole time (namely, where do I sit my lazy ass down to relax).

This is the model we bought, but just to show how inbred the RV industry is, our is not this brand, nor is it any of these colors…

https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charles-67-double-rv-wall-hugger-recliner-sofa-w-console/

It actually looks like this

1709208778684.png

And you can’t buy it direct from Thomas Payne. It’s weird…

While wandering around, we picked up a bonus item, and found some self adhesive back splash “tile” that my wife really likes. So that came home with us too.

Next step is to call ardemco and order some tanks…shipping is going to be outrageous but I don’t have much of a choice. They make the exact tanks I need so, I’ll pay to ship them from Cali.

After going back and forth with a couple vendors, I've ordered my tanks from a place called Ronco in California. Two to three week leadtime. Going to have to figure out how to do some interior work while not having the plumbing installed.

I also need to figure out how to mount the dang things to the coach more securely. The way they were mounted before is no good. Even if I fab up some aluminum strips to sandwich the plastic with before driving screws, I'd feel better about it. Gotta do some research here and see what others have done. Ideally, I'd like to use straps to hole them up, but I need to figure out how to not have them "rub" through the plastic.

Reactions: tworley
After going back and forth with a couple vendors, I've ordered my tanks from a place called Ronco in California. Two to three week leadtime. Going to have to figure out how to do some interior work while not having the plumbing installed.

I also need to figure out how to mount the dang things to the coach more securely. The way they were mounted before is no good. Even if I fab up some aluminum strips to sandwich the plastic with before driving screws, I'd feel better about it. Gotta do some research here and see what others have done. Ideally, I'd like to use straps to hole them up, but I need to figure out how to not have them "rub" through the plastic.

cial-Ron-Popeil-dies-at-86-after-medical-emergency.jpg

Is there a way to make platforms suspended on all thread?

Is there a way to make platforms suspended on all thread?

Possibly. The tanks are less than 7" deep, so I would actually just try an use bolts. It might require some additional frame crossmembers, but that is the leading idea in my mind as well. I'm concerned about rubbing through the plastic with that idea as well...