Need an impact

I'm sure you're well aware, but a tight-fitting extension versus one that's been abused can make a difference, too.

I am. Same happens with well used deep sockets. I don't consider it abuse since there is practically no good way to stop the wear from happening that causes the slop.

Reactions: P man and sab
Mr. Blaine, you've likely saved me some money. I've been eyeing the 6.0 Forge batteries since introduction, and looking for prices to drop. Like the new 2967, they are finally starting to drop, and I've been looking at them. I didn't know about the 8.0 Forge on the way, so I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the heads-up!

I don't have any problems with the 6.0 Forge but, I've not been using them for very long either.

Those have been obsolete for years, P man! :ROFLMAO:

I still have one of the baby batteries, I think 2.5? I use it for my drill that doesn't really drill anything except holes for sheet rock anchors and small home projects lol

I still have one of the baby batteries, I think 2.5? I use it for my drill that doesn't really drill anything except holes for sheet rock anchors and small home projects lol

I have (4) 3.0 batteries still kicking around. They are pretty tired, so I've been upping my tool collection when they have a buy one, get one offer on batteries

Reactions: P man

I have a lot of M18 batteries. The CP1.5, CP2.0, and XC5.0 batteries are useless on anything big, but they do work fine for the smaller stuff. For instance, I built my 40x60x27(height at the peak) steel shop with 1/4" drive impacts running those batteries. Thousands (maybe ten-thousand?) of self-tappers were driven. I didn't find the battery life inconvenient. However, those batteries are a complete joke with angle grinders...

I have a lot of M18 batteries. The CP1.5, CP2.0, and XC5.0 batteries are useless on anything big, but they do work fine for the smaller stuff. For instance, I built my 40x60x27(height at the peak) steel shop with 1/4" drive impacts running those batteries. Thousands (maybe ten-thousand?) of self-tappers were driven. I didn't find the battery life inconvenient. However, those batteries are a complete joke with angle grinders...

I thought I had a bad grinder because it was killing 5.0 batteries quickly. Then I bought a 6.0 battery and all was good. Unfortunately the 5.0 batteries are proving to be less useful than I imagined. My wallet is trying to keep up with battery technology but it's a slow go

Reactions: tworley
My wallet is trying to keep up with battery technology but it's a slow go

my brain hasn't even caught up to what it all means. The number is pretty obvious but I don't know what the letters tell me. I have bought zero standalone batteries; they're all what came with the tool, when I bought a tool that included a battery. I have a 2 that came with a drill, a trio of 3 and 5 that came with the sawzall and line trimmer, and an 8 that came with the chainsaw. None of them are this "Forge" being talked about.

my brain hasn't even caught up to what it all means. The number is pretty obvious but I don't know what the letters tell me. I have bought zero standalone batteries; they're all what came with the tool, when I bought a tool that included a battery. I have a 2 that came with a drill, a trio of 3 and 5 that came with the sawzall and line trimmer, and an 8 that came with the chainsaw. None of them are this "Forge" being talked about.

First time I had heard of the Forge. I don't run anything bigger than the 1/2" Impact though.

My old Mac tools (rebranded dewalt) is getting weak. Time to upgrade. Here is what I want

I want 1/2 inch drive

I want a gun that will either remove the bolt or break it I don't care.

Has to be battery powered

I dont care about price

I want it to be dependable.

I'm team red but will go with whatever has the most oommphhh

My suggestion is pick a system, that has the tools you need or may want in the future. I picked Milwaukee m18 system due to the selection of tools available and the dual charger that has the m12 available for smaller tools. I bought the mid sized gun in 1/2” drive as I own multiple 1/2 drive air impacts. I can tell you the Milwaukee stuff is durable, we use the 3/4” impacts at work. They slide off the top of vans fall off forklifts and get beaten to death and just work.

I'll be honest..I wasn't familiar with the forge batteries either. They appear to be the newest generation of milwaukee batteries. I may buy one soon.

I'll be honest..I wasn't familiar with the forge batteries either. They appear to be the newest generation of milwaukee batteries. I may buy one soon.

My understanding is the Forge provide some top end power for the more power hungry tools (such as +100 ft lbs on the new high torque impact), and they recharge faster.

Here's an informational page from my bookmarks:

https://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-battery-guide/

excellent info.

Mine are all of the REDLITHIUM flavor. the 2 is a CP and the rest are XC. I've never had any issue with any of them, but I haven't done anything obviously dumb like put the CP2 on the chainsaw or the blower.

excellent info.

Mine are all of the REDLITHIUM flavor. the 2 is a CP and the rest are XC. I've never had any issue with any of them, but I haven't done anything obviously dumb like put the CP2 on the chainsaw or the blower.

Haven't had a chance to try a Forge but the high output batteries made a huge difference in my grinder.

in operating time between charges, power/performance, or both?

Power performance. I can't speak for operating time because I try not to use the non-high output ones in application's like that and have enough batteries I don't need to.

I've not run into anything with my big impact that I couldn't get off with the regular battery though. Maybe some day.

Power performance. I can't speak for operating time because I try not to use the non-high output ones in application's like that and have enough batteries I don't need to.

I've not run into anything with my big impact that I couldn't get off with the regular battery though. Maybe some day.

I’ve never once considered getting a Fuel angle grinder before this thread. You bastards are going to cost me more money.

Reactions: P man and jxv1247