What did you do to your TJ today?

You post the best food 😃

Had to look up what Cornish pasties are. They look like the bierocks my Volga German grandmother in law makes.

I found a local pasty place and now I need to check it out 😃

Do it … you missing out if you don’t lol

• Love
Reactions: CMBD
They are supposed to have desert at one end. Intended to be a complete meal for Cornish tin miners. Andy

That is true … it was made for the tin miners in Cornwall down in the pits…tough life down there.
My mum makes them about as traditional as you can get as she was raised in deepest darkest Cornwall… beautiful part of the world down there I miss it

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyA
How well do the vents behind the fender well work? Or are the more cosmetic? And how did you get such a clean cut as the vent looks like it is installed on the backside.
The cut is factory by Genright. The stainless plate does attach to the back.

They work, but it’s not magic- The 4.0 heats up an engine compartment.

I also finished my light bar-

73050332-7842-4691-9804-DA9C9928809A.jpeg

7BB83040-6021-41EB-A469-7C1B8091AD39.jpeg

I should call this build my “Exactly what I wanted to do build “, because it was.

I just took all I had learned and what I wanted to try and put it together.

So far, so good.

Last edited:
All 4 of my mom's grandparents came from Cornwall to mine gold here in Colorado. Homemade Pasties are great.
Cornish hard rock miners were in high demand in US gold fields .

That may be why, there were gold mines in Grass Valley too. I am not sure how much gold came from the area but it was mined. In my early childhood they even had one of those tourist panning for gold setups.

The cut is factory by Genright. The stainless plate does attach to the back.

They work, but it’s not magic- The 4.0 heats up an engine compartment.

I also finished my light bar-

View attachment 524023

View attachment 524024

I should call this build my “Exactly what I wanted to do build “, because it was.

I just took all I had learned and what I wanted to try and put it together.

So far, so good.

Too bad, I sort of like the look of them. But there is no way I could cut it that good.

Installed the JeepCables.com "big 7" power and ground wire upgrade. I didn't have the negative to fender wire so technically it's the "big 6". My power wiring was looking bad. The only real difference I can tell is that it does seem to turn over faster. I doubt that is the wiring upgrade. I did use the "fender" ground for the tub ground since it was longer.

20240503_203938.jpg

20240503_203943.jpg

It would take some killer fab skills - I’m sure its been done-

I wonder if they make any self rimming vents for that location to give you margin of error?

Yes I would need something that is self rimming. Not sure how much that would change the appearance. Yours is just so clean looking, and then wondered if they actually have any benefit to the actually reducing the heat.

Yes I would need something that is self rimming. Not sure how much that would change the appearance. Yours is just so clean looking, and then wondered if they actually have any benefit to the actually reducing the heat.

These and the hood vents do help- keeps heat soak at bay unless I’m wheeling hard.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Danarch
Installed the JeepCables.com "big 7" power and ground wire upgrade. I didn't have the negative to fender wire so technically it's the "big 6". My power wiring was looking bad. The only real difference I can tell is that it does seem to turn over faster. I doubt that is the wiring upgrade. I did use the "fender" ground for the tub ground since it was longer.

View attachment 524025

View attachment 524026

Money well spent. For real. Bad connections can start fires.

New 33x12.5x15 BFG A-T T/A KO2s yesterday… all five (ie, including the spare, so I can rotate all five). Still need to scrub off the blue goo from the RWL. ;)
IMG_0032.jpeg

The new BFG K03s are coming out soon… in a few sizes only. BFG is gonna roll out all the different sizes of the KO3s over the next couple years, and I’m thinking it’s doubtful the 33x12.5x15 size will be released in the initial batch, so I decided to just grab one last set of the KO2s (which I have run and loved for many years on several different vehicles). My TJ desperately needed tires—the old ones were worn and cupped and cracked badly (were on it when I bought it recently) and I really couldn’t wait to see what BFG did with the KO3 rollout size-wise… and I didn’t feel safe letting my wife drive (or even ride in really) the TJ with the old tires—they were an accident waiting to happen. Besides, who doesn’t love putting new tires in their ride? :cool:

New 33x12.5x15 BFG A-T T/A KO2s yesterday… all five (ie, including the spare, so I can rotate all five). Still need to scrub off the blue goo from the RWL. ;)
View attachment 524059
The new BFG K03s are coming out soon… in a few sizes only. BFG is gonna roll out all the different sizes of the KO3s over the next couple years, and I’m thinking it’s doubtful the 33x12.5x15 size will be released in the initial batch, so I decided to just grab one last set of the KO2s (which I have run and loved for many years on several different vehicles). My TJ desperately needed tires—the old ones were worn and cupped and cracked badly (were on it when I bought it recently) and I really couldn’t wait to see what BFG did with the KO3 rollout size-wise… and I didn’t feel safe letting my wife drive (or even ride in really) the TJ with the old tires—they were an accident waiting to happen. Besides, who doesn’t love putting new tires in their ride? :cool:

I can't wait to put new tires on my ride. I need to upgrade spare tire carrier on the tailgate first though. Mine still has the factory spare on it so it is worthless right now.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That's what I do too... Love it! I had a melanoma scare a few years ago, so I'm a lot more careful of the sun nowadays...

Had that setup on my 05 lj before it got totalled. Miss the sunrider as my 97 TJ doesnt have it. I used the spidertop last summer when I had the top off. Missed having the 2 options,tho.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Story of my life..:( Seems like every job I do, I have to do another . I had a new windshield replaced on my JK las week. Bought a generic windshield from Safelight. (Cheapskate) I ordered the sticker that the OEM had. Decided to order on for the Tj as well. When I was putting the TJ one on, The rearview mirror came loose. had to run to the parts store to get a reinstall kit. Not a big job just a pain that 1 job leads to two. lol